Camp Oven Pumpkin Damper – ready in 30 minutes
Nothing smells better than a freshly baked pumpkin damper – or any damper, to be precise. Whether you’re on a camping trip or a Christmas vacation in your van, there’s nothing better than having something warm in your stomach.
This pumpkin damper is super easy to prepare and you can do it while sitting at the campfire. Once it’s done, serve it for an afternoon cuppa with a bit of jam and the kids will love it. Alternatively, for true carnivores, serve it for dinner dripping with butter and a juicy steak , and you’ll impress the rest of your family.
Not a big fan of pumpkin – Try our damper bread with cheese, chives and bacon.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Get your campfire equipment with a huge discount
Dutch Oven – suitable for most campfire meals
Cast Iron Frying Pan – useful for any meal preparation
Campfire Cooking Gloves – to keep your hands safe
Cook time: 30 minutes
Camp Oven Pumpkin Damper – Ingredients
- 3.5 cups self-raising flour
- 100 grams of butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 butter pumpkin cooked and mashed
- Start the fire at least 30 minutes before cooking time
2. Put flour and pumpkin into a large bowl. Pour milk and add butter
3. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of salt. Mix everything together to get a soft, sticky dough
4. Insert trivet in the camp oven. I also like to line it with baking paper
5. Arrange dough inside the camp oven
6. Brush damper dough with milk.
7. Bake the pumpkin dumper for 20-30 minutes until it’s golden.
8. Serve it warm with a dash of jam.
The camp oven pumpkin damper is a delicious and easy-to-make treat that is perfect for any camping or outdoor adventure. With its warm and comforting aroma, it is sure to bring a sense of home to any campsite.
Whether enjoyed with a cup of tea and jam, or as a savory accompaniment to a hearty dinner, this versatile dish is a true crowd-pleaser.
So next time you’re planning a camping trip, be sure to add the ingredients for this tasty damper to your packing list and impress your fellow campers with your baking skills.
Please let us know if you tried this recipe. Make a comment below.
Get Our Secret Family Recipe
Subscribe and receive our FREE recipe for Strawberry Braided Bread that is passed down in our family from generation to generation.
Enjoy outdoor cooking with Tentworld equipment
Read more from our cooking guides
Are you new to bush cooking? – Read our ultimate bush cooking guide