Nothing smells better than a freshly baked pumpkin damper – any damper to be precise. Whether you are on a camping trip or Christmas vacation in your van, there is nothing better than having something warm in your stomach.
This pumpkin damper is super easy to be prepared and you can do it while sitting at the campfire.
Once done, serve it for an afternoon cuppa with a bit of jam and kids will love you. Alternatively, for true carnivorous, serve it for dinner dripping with butter and a piece of juicy steak and you will impress the rest of your family.
Not a big fan of pumpkin – Try our damper bread with cheese, chives and bacon.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Camp Oven Pumpkin Damper – Ingredients
- 3.5 cups self-raising flour
- 100 grams of butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 butter pumpkin cooked and mashed
- Start the fire at least 30 minutes before cooking time
2. Put flour and pumpkin into a large bowl. Pour milk and add butter
3. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of salt. Mix everything together to get a soft, sticky dough
4. Insert trivet in the camp oven. I also like to line it with baking paper
5. Arrange dough inside the camp oven
6. Brush damper dough with milk.
7. Bake the pumpkin dumper for 20-30 minutes until it’s golden.
8. Serve it warm with a dash of jam.
Please let us know if you tried this recipe. Make a comment below.
Get Our Secret Family Recipe
Subscribe and receive our FREE recipe for Strawberry Braided Bread that is passed down in our family from generation to generation.
Enjoy outdoor cooking with Tentworld equipment
Did you like our content?