The campfire garlic bread recipe is quick and simple. It is a quick trick you can do when you have normal bread, but everybody wants garlic bread. I know we all love garlic bread, especially when you can have it with a nice, hot soup.
In our case, we drove for a long time, and when we arrived it was getting dark and really cold. We stopped for the night at Calliope free campground and decided to have a small fire going.
We already had a vegetable camping soup prepared from the morning in the Thermal pot, but there was something missing – a crunchy garlic bread.
Usually, when we have a campfire, we always want something cooking, so it was a good excuse to make a quick campfire garlic bread for our soup.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Campfire garlic bread - Ingredients
- 1 bread (we had a Coles sour bread which perfect for this recipe)
- olive oil (or butter)
- granulated or fresh garlic
- mixed herbs
- cheese – we used swiss cheese
- salt & pepper
1. Start the campfire and run it for at least 15 minutes so there is enough heat.
2. In the bowl mix a small teaspoon of garlic, a pinch of salt, a pinch of mixed herbs, and olive oil (or soft butter).
3. Spread this mixture on your sliced bread.
4. Fill the gaps in the bread with cheese and that’s it! We are ready to cook it. Put the bread in the dutch oven, and put the cover on. Place it in the campfire, on the hot coils and using shovel, add some coils on the cover.
5. After around 15 minutes bread should be crispy, cheese melt, and everything should smell amazing.
We ate it with a vegetable soup that was prepared earlier, but you can eat it on its own because it’s delicious.
As you see sometimes quick cooking tricks can be great addition to your camping trips
Please leave a comment below if you tried this recipe. Thank you.
Check a big range of dutch ovens from Outback Equipment and get it at a discounted price.
Outback Equipment is a leading supplier of camping and caravan accessories. Browse their wide range of camp ovens and camping equipment.