This camping hot dogs recipe can be prepared very fast, in 15 minutes. We all love hot dogs and they always taste better when you are outdoor, after a long walk, or a day full of activities.
After the whole day, when you are tired and have a little energy to cook a proper meal, camping hot dogs are the perfect solution for your family.
We had an opportunity to prepare this meal in Weipa Caravan Park, while on our way to the Cape Your Tip.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Camping Hot dogs – Ingredients
- pack of hot dogs
- mozzarella cheese
- 1 green pepper
- 3 hot dog rolls
- condiments like mayo, tomato sauce, mustard
- 1 onion
- olive oil
- Cut green pepper into small pieces.
2. Peel and slice the onion.
3. Heat a frying pan to medium-high. Pour a splash of olive oil and fry chopped pepper.
4. Once the pepper is nice and soft put it aside and next fry sliced onion.
5. Lastly fry hot dogs for a minute or two on both sides.
6. It’s time to wrap it up. We like our dogs with mayo and tomato sources, but it could be also some mustard or relish. Place a hot dog in the roll, and top with onion and pepper.
This is how it looks and it was prepared within 15 minutes. We love fast and tasty meals.
What is your recipe for camping hot dogs? Please drop a comment below.
We also love our outback burgers. In the outback, there is often no way to buy burgers but whats stops you to make them while you camp!
Get Our Secret Family Recipe
Subscribe and receive our FREE recipe for Strawberry Braided Bread that is passed down in our family from generation to generation.
Enjoy outdoor cooking with Tentworld equipment
Did you like our content?