It is nothing better than having fish grilled on a campfire.
Whether you catch a snapper yourself or buy it in the supermarket, this grilled snapper recipe is great when you are outdoor and don’t have many kitchen utensils or pots.
While you prepare everything, you can enjoy the fire while your grilled snapper is getting ready.
In the end, you can eat it with asparagus or cucumber.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: around 20 minutes
Grilled baby snapper- Ingredients
- 2 baby snappers
- bunch of dill
- 2 cloves of garlic
- sour cream
- 1 lemon
- bunch of asparagus
- salt & pepper
Grilled baby snapper - Instructions
1. Start the campfire.
2. Clean fish
3. Insert 1 tablespoon of soft butter inside each fish
4. Chop a bunch of dill and also insert it into fish
5. Add salt on both side of the fish
6. First, wrap each fish in baking paper and then in two layers of aluminum foil. This is just in case to not burn your fish.
7. Put wrapped fish on charcoals and cover it on top with charcoal as well. Let it cook for 20 minutes.
Garlic sauce, cucumber strings & asparagus
9. Preparing garlic sauce in a small glass.
- Add three tablespoons of sour cream and three tablespoons of mayonnaise
- Chop one or two cloves of garlic – depending on how much you like garlic
- Squeeze one tablespoon of lemon
- Add a pinch of salt & pepper
- Mix it together.
10. Cut the cucumber into strings (I use a julienne peeler).
11. Add a bit of butter to your frying pan and prepare a grill asparagus for the final meal
12. Remove fish from the fireplace, unwrap and serve with cucumber or asparagus with garlic sauce on the side.