We were on the way to the tip of Cape York, and we stopped at The Bend, near Coen. It was late afternoon, but we managed to get a nice spot with a view of the river. It was time for dinner.
Imagine you are in the middle of nowhere and your kids demand to have McDonald’s. It is a tough call, I know – I have been there.
Luckily I managed to win this battle – my outback burgers were delicious and attracted kids from neighbouring camps.
First, I made burger buns so the whole meal was prepared in the campfire.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Outback Burgers – Ingredients
- 0.5 kg of minced beef
- 1 small onion
- 0.5 of red pepper
- granulated garlic
- 1 small cucumber
- shredded cheese
- tomato sauce
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
1. Put the meat in the bowl and peel and dice one onion.
2. Add salt, pepper, marjoram and granulated garlic.
3. Mix everything together, and shape it into burger patties.
4. Cut red pepper, cucumber, and pickles. You can also add salad, tomatoes, pineapple, and beetroot. We were in the middle of nowhere, so our options were limited.
5. Once your campfire is ready, preheat olive oil on a frying pan, and place patties on a hot pan.
6. Fry meat for 3 minutes on each side or until well done.
7. Serve on buns with your favourite or available stuffing.
If you tried my outback burgers recipe or you have any suggestions please add a comment below.
Get Our Secret Family Recipe
Subscribe and receive our FREE recipe for Strawberry Braided Bread that is passed down in our family from generation to generation.
Enjoy outdoor cooking with Tentworld equipment
Did you like our content?