This is one of our favourite dishes that can be prepared on a bush campfire. Polish cabbage rolls casserole can be prepared while you are sitting and enjoying your fire.
Polish Cabbage Roll Casserole Recipe
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
Equipment: Dutch oven
Cabbage Roll Casserole is our family favourite dish. It combines all flavours of stuffed cabbage rolls with a lot less time and effort.
- 1/2kg of ground beef or pork
- one big onion
- one red pepper
- one small cabbage
- 1 jar of tomato sauce
- olive oil
- chilli (optional)
- 1 glass of beef stock
- Start the camp fire
2. Spread 2 table spoons of olive oil inside Dutch oven and put the whole leaves of
cabbage inside the pot creating cabbage bowl.
3. Insert ground beef mixed with salt and pepper
4. Add chopped onion on top
4. Add chopped red pepper and chilli
5. Add rest of cabbage (chopped) and pour tomato sauce and beef stock on top.
6. When enough charcoal for cooking is ready, cover Dutch oven insert pot on top of
charcoals. Cover oven with them on top as well.
7. Check it after 30 minutes, make sure cabbage is nice and soft. Normally casserole should be ready after 45 minutes to 1 hour. It is not normal oven, and temperature and time may vary.