Roasted Pork Loin is one of favorite dishes that can be prepared while sitting at the campfire. I always like to have a piece of pork loin in my car fridge. When I know we will have a busy day because we planned hiking, sightseeing or driving long distances, I can use it. This dish is quick and easy. All preparations take me normally 10-15 minutes, but the final effect is always impressive. Roasting time is longer, but who doesn’t like to enjoy campsite fire while waiting for their meal?
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: around 1 hour per 1 kg of pork meat
Equipment: Dutch oven, aluminium foil
Roasted Pork Loin - Ingredients
- 1 1/2 kg of pork lion
- two small onions
- 3 carrots
- 4 potatoes
- olive oil
- chili or pumpkin (optional)
- salt & pepper
- sweet paprika, garlic powder & onion powder
- Start the camp fire at least 40 minutes before cooking time
2. Lay the aluminium foil inside the Dutch Oven.
3. If the pork is already coated with seasoning (mine was coated already when I bought it), go to next step, otherwise pat the pork dry with paper towel, and season it. I like to buy already prepared meat, because I have less mess and clean up afterwards.
4. Clean and peel veggies, cut them into small chunks and toss them with olive oil, salt & pepper.
5. Insert everything into Dutch Oven and cover it with a lid. Set the oven on top of the charcoals. Put the hot coals also on the lid for even roasting effect.
6. Check the progress every 30 minutes. Roast it until the pork is no longer pink and its internal temperature after roasting is above 60 degrees (use meat thermometer).
7. Once meat is ready, let it rest for another 10 -15 minutes.
Check a big range of dutch ovens from Outback Equipment and get it at a discounted price.
Outback Equipment is a leading supplier of camping and caravan accessories. Browse their wide range of camp ovens and camping equipment.