Camping Stuffed Toast Recipe with Capsicum and Cheese
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, especially when you plan a day full of activities. This stuffed toast recipe can be prepared on the fire (like I did) and on the stove with a normal frying pan.
The stuffing I prepared is without meat but you can play with it and add shredded ham or sausage or anything you like. The circled leftovers you can serve later with jam. Kids love it.
This recipe I prepared for our breakfast when we camped at The Bend, near Coen.
You will find many stuffed french toast recipes but this one is savoury.
Get your campfire equipment with a huge discount
Dutch Oven – suitable for most campfire meals
Cast Iron Frying Pan – useful for any meal preparation
Campfire Cooking Gloves – to keep your hands safe
Make loaded toasts, we love them!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Breakfast Stuffed Toast Recipe – Ingredients
- 2 eggs
- 0.5 red capsicum
- shredded mozzarella
- salt & pepper
- white toast bread
Breakfast toasts – Instructions
1. Start the campfire and run it for at least 15 minutes so there is enough heat.
2. Cut red capsicum into small pieces.
3. Crack eggs into a small bowl and beat them lightly.
4. Add cheese, salt and pepper to the bowl.
5. Cut round holes in pieces of bread. You can use an egg ring or small glass or cup. The round leftovers you can toast after and serve with jam.
6. Once the campfire is ready, make room for the frying pan and place it. Make sure it is levelled properly. Add butter and let it melt. Next, add toast bread.
7. Fill a gap in the toast with the stuffing you prepared earlier.
8. Cook on each side until eggs are set.
9. Enjoy crunchy, full of flavour toast!
Breakfast Stuffed Toast Recipe – Video
If you tried this recipe or you have any suggestions please add a comment below.
Get Our Secret Family Recipe
Subscribe and receive our FREE recipe for Strawberry Braided Bread that is passed down in our family from generation to generation.
Enjoy outdoor cooking with Tentworld equipment
Read more from our cooking guides
Are you new to bush cooking? – Read our ultimate bush cooking guide