Sweet and Sour Chicken Stir Fry – fast camping recipe
Sweet and sour chicken stir fry is a perfect meal to satisfy your cravings for something delicious and fulfilling while camping. With a balance of sweet and tangy flavors, this dish is a crowd-pleaser that can be prepared in just 40 minutes.
We made it at Weipa Caravan Park while we were on the way to the Cape Your Tip Peninsula.
Enjoy this flavorful stir fry under the starry night sky, and make your camping experience unforgettable with this simple recipe.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Sweet and sour chicken stir fry – Ingredients
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts
- Stir fry veggie mix
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1/2 jar of sweet & sour sauce
- soy sauce
- noodles or rice
- Bring 4 cups of water and a pinch of salt to a boil in a medium pot. Add noodles (or rice) and cook until tender but still firm to the bite.
2. Pour olive oil on a frying pan and add diced chicken breasts.
3. Once the chicken turns golden, add vegetables. Fry everything on a high flame for another 3-4 minutes.
4. Pour sweet and sour sauce and a bit of soy sauce.
5. Our job is done, serve with noodles or on the rice.
It was fast, wasn’t it? Check out other quick recipes for your camping from our recipe page.
If you made this meal or have any suggestions, please let us know below.
Get Our Secret Family Recipe
Subscribe and receive our FREE recipe for Strawberry Braided Bread that is passed down in our family from generation to generation.
Enjoy outdoor cooking with Tentworld equipment
Read more from our cooking guides
Are you new to bush cooking? – Read our ultimate bush cooking guide