It is nothing better than having fish grilled on a campfire.
Whether you catch a snapper yourself or buy it in the supermarket, this campfire grilled snapper recipe is great when you are outdoor and don’t have many kitchen utensils or pots.
While you prepare everything, you can enjoy the fire while your grilled snapper is getting ready.
In the end, you can eat it with asparagus or cucumber.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: around 20 minutes
Campfire Grilled Snapper – Ingredients
- 2 baby snappers
- bunch of dill
- 2 cloves of garlic
- sour cream
- 1 lemon
- bunch of asparagus
- salt & pepper
Campfire Grilled Snapper – Instructions
1. Start the campfire.
2. Clean fish.
3. Insert 1 tablespoon of soft butter inside each fish.
4. Chop a bunch of dills and also insert them into fish.
5. Add salt on both sides of the fish.
6. First, wrap each fish in baking paper and then in two layers of aluminium foil. This is just in case to not burn your fish.
7. Put wrapped fish on charcoal and cover it on top with charcoal as well. Let it cook for 20 minutes.
Preparing garlic sauce, cucumber strings & asparagus
9. Preparing garlic sauce in a small glass.
- Add three tablespoons of sour cream and three tablespoons of mayonnaise
- Chop one or two cloves of garlic – depending on how much you like garlic
- Squeeze one tablespoon of lemon
- Add a pinch of salt & pepper
- Mix it together.
10. Cut the cucumber into strings (I use a julienne peeler).
11. Add a bit of butter to your frying pan and prepare grilled asparagus for the final meal.
12. Remove fish from the fireplace, unwrap and serve with cucumber or asparagus with garlic sauce on the side.
13. Enjoy your campfire grilled snapper with cucumber or asparagus!
Have you ever grilled a fish in a campfire? What was your experience like? Please drop a comment below and don’t forget to check our other camping recipes.
Get Our Secret Family Recipe
Subscribe and receive our FREE recipe for Strawberry Braided Bread that is passed down in our family from generation to generation.