Camping chicken burgers are easy to prepare considering you have some chicken mince in your camping fridge.
This recipe is prepared on the traditional camping stove, but if you search for a campfire one, read our Outback Burgers recipe here.
During our stay, we did not have access to a campfire so we used classic buns that you can buy in Aldi or Coles.
If you want to make your own buns read the Campfire Burger Buns recipe.
Camping chicken burgers – Ingredients
- 0.5 kg chicken mince
- 1 egg
- 1.5 cups of breadcrumbs
- red onion
- cocktail tomatoes
- iceberg salad (or any you like to stuff the buns with)
Camping chicken burgers – Instructions
- Mix mince, breadcrumbs, egg, oregano, salt and pepper in the medium size bowl. Season it well. Form 5 flat patties.
2. Heat oil in the frying pan. Cook patties for 4-5 minutes on medium heat, until they are golden brown. Make sure to flip them so they are cooked evenly.
3. Once the patties are ready, change the oil and fry the buns on each side for a few minutes until they are crisp.
4. Dress with salad (or lettuce), onion, cocktail tomatoes and mayonnaise or ketchup.
Get Our Secret Family Recipe
Subscribe and receive our FREE recipe for Strawberry Braided Bread that is passed down in our family from generation to generation.
Enjoy outdoor cooking with Tentworld equipment
Did you like our content?