Camping cooking – Chicken in white wine
If you thinking of something special for your camping meal that has a wow factor make our chicken in white wine. If you have a bottle of white wine and some chicken breasts – you are set for success.
We are not kidding, a few ingredients will turn into an amazing dinner.
One more thing that is probably good to mention at this stage – you have to like garlic. Lots of it to be precise.
If you instead prefer a burger for dinner don’t worry we get you covered in the Camping chicken burgers post.
Get your campfire equipment with a huge discount
Dutch Oven – suitable for most campfire meals
Cast Iron Frying Pan – useful for any meal preparation
Campfire Cooking Gloves – to keep your hands safe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Chicken in white wine – Ingredients
- 2 chicken breasts
- 5-6 small onions
- a whole head of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- a small glass of white wine
- 0.5 litre of chicken stock
- fresh thyme or other herbs to your liking, in our case parsley
- salt to taste
Chicken in white wine – Instructions
- Cut each piece of chicken breast in half to make it thinner and easier to cook. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
2. Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat with two spoons of oil. Sear chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side. You know it’s ready to turn when meat no longer sticks to the pan and starts to have a nice golden colour.
3. While waiting for it to happen, peel small onions and separate cloves of garlic – no need to peel them, it’s so simple. Perfect for camping cookouts!
4. Move the pan to lower heat and saute everything until the onion and garlic are lightly brown. Make sure the garlic is not darkening too much otherwise, it will turn bitter.
5. At this stage, half of the nearby campsites frantically check who is cooking this unbelievable dish as the smell of roasted garlic and crunchy chicken overpowers everything else.
This is the time to sprinkle the flour and add the white wine and half of the chicken stock. Simmer for 5-10 minutes, add more stock if the sauce gets too thick.
6. Add herbs, check the salt and pepper and add it to your liking.
7. Serve with fresh steamed vegetables, potato or rice.
Get Our Secret Family Recipe
Subscribe and receive our FREE recipe for Strawberry Braided Bread that is passed down in our family from generation to generation.
Enjoy outdoor cooking with Tentworld equipment
Read more from our cooking guides
Are you new to bush cooking? – Read our ultimate bush cooking guide