The crepes are much thinner and because of that you can fill them with yummy stuff, roll it and eat it without even a fork. While we are camping, we have a tradition to prepare them every Sunday morning for breakfast.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Camping crepes – Ingredients
Batter ingredients (12 crepes):
- 1 cup of flour (150 g)
- half a cup of milk
- half a cup of water
- 1 egg
- can of blueberries (or any fruits you can get while camping)
- maple syrup
- whipped cream
- olive oil
Camping crepes – Instructions
- Prepare a medium size bowl where you can mix the batter.
2. Add flour, milk, water, salt and egg to the bowl and mix them together. At home, you would use a mixer or blender, but while camping a whisk should be enough.
3. Make sure the batter is smooth and liquid. This way you can easily pour the batter into the frying pan surface.
When making crepes on a frying pan use a minimal amount of oil or olive oil. Add a few drops before frying every crepe.
4. Preheat the frying pan with a tiny amount of olive oil. It is a bit of mastery to pour the batter on a side and rotate the pan to make sure the batter is spread around it.
Make sure the crepes are maximum of 1 millimetre thin – after all you are making crepes and not traditional pancakes.
5. Once crepes are ready you can fill them with any stuffing you like. Just dig in deep in your camping pantry and check if you have some fruit cans or yoghurt in the fridge.
We like to place the filling on the pancake and roll it together. This way you don’t need to have even a fork!
Get Our Secret Family Recipe
Subscribe and receive our FREE recipe for Strawberry Braided Bread that is passed down in our family from generation to generation.