Who doesn’t like ‘eggy bread’? This simple, but very tasty recipe is perfect for a camping breakfast.
And kids love them.
If you have a busy day ahead like going hiking, swimming, kayaking, or sightseeing, eat french toast for breakfast and we guarantee you will have a good day.
There are many ways of preparing french toast. We like to use a brioche as it perfectly fits the nature of french toasts.
Not interested in sweet breakfast – make an English breakfast instead.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Camping French Toasts – Ingredients
- white toast bread or brioche
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup of milk
- 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- cinnamon & vanilla extract
- Wisk an egg wash by combining milk, eggs and spices.
2. Deep bread slices into the egg wash and soak it for 2 seconds on each side. Don’t soak them for too long, otherwise, the bread will fall apart.
3. Melt the butter on medium heat, and insert the bread. Fry it for 2-3 minutes on each side.
4. Serve with jam, thickened cream, fresh fruits, or maple syrup.
If you tried this simple recipe in your camping or have other interesting ideas please drop a comment below.
Get Our Secret Family Recipe
Subscribe and receive our FREE recipe for Strawberry Braided Bread that is passed down in our family from generation to generation.