Usually, you buy potato cakes when you visit your fish and chips shop. Our homemade camping potato cakes recipe is one that you really want to try while you are outdoor. You will find a significant difference in taste.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Camping potato cakes – Ingredients
You can make 8 potato cakes with this recipe. Add more potatoes if you want more.
- 8 medium potatoes
- 1 small onion (optional)
- 5 eggs (1 for the mix only)
- 1-2 tablespoons of flour
- spring onion
- 0.5 teaspoon of salt
- olive oil
Camping potato cakes – Instructions
- Finely grate potatoes and onion in the medium bowl. Make sure to drain off an excess liquid afterwards.
2. Add 1 egg, salt, pepper and flour and mix them together. Make sure the mixture is moderately thick.
3. Add a fine layer of olive oil to the frying pan. Unlike to to our camping crepes recipe, you need a fair amount of oil so the potatoes cakes can be nicely surrounded with oil.
4. Preheat the frying pan.
5. Make small balls from the mix and place them on the frying pan. Use a spatula to flatten then them nicely.
6. Fry the cakes until golden brown. Once done, place them on the paper towel to drain.
7. Serve the cakes with egg, some spring onion and cut cocktail tomatoes.
Get Our Secret Family Recipe
Subscribe and receive our FREE recipe for Strawberry Braided Bread that is passed down in our family from generation to generation.