Imagine waking up to the rich scent of onions caramelizing, harmoniously blending with the smoky aroma of sausage, all while the soft, golden light of morning pours through the camper window.
That’s how we’re starting our day right here on the road with Camping Scrambled Eggs.
Today, we’re bringing the comfort and warmth of a great morning to our campsite with a simple yet soulful egg recipe served with Onion and Polish Sausage.
Also Read: Camping Potato Cakes With Egg
A Taste of Tradition
In Poland, breakfast is a cherished ritual, and it’s often savoured slowly with family before the day gets underway.
It’s hearty and wholesome, setting a comforting tone for the hours ahead. As travellers with Polish roots, we find nothing like a plate of these scrambled eggs to transport us right back to our childhood.
Unlike classic Aussie scrambled eggs, these ones are served with onion and Polish sausage.
Have you ever tasted a dish that feels like a hug on a plate? Well, prepare to meet your new favourite morning comfort food.
Camping Scrambled Eggs – The Magic of Polish Sausage
There’s something extraordinary about Polish sausage, or kielbasa, that makes it a standout star in this dish.
Its robust, smoky flavour, punctuated with the perfect blend of spices, brings a depth that takes these scrambled eggs from simple to sublime. And that sizzle as it cooks? It’s like music heralding a feast.
Can’t find Polish sausage? No worries! A good smoked sausage or a flavorful chorizo would make a great substitute. The key is to have a sausage that brings a rich, deep flavour to complement the eggs.
This scramble is as heartfelt as it is flavorful. The unique technique we use for the eggs creates a dish that’s silky and moist, yet thoroughly cooked—a delightful contrast to the robust flavours of the onions and sausage.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 200g of Polish sausage (kielbasa), sliced
- 2 tbsp of butter or oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a pan, melt the butter or heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté until they are translucent and tender.
- Add the sliced sausage to the pan and fry until it browns and crisps up slightly.
- Crack the eggs into the pan, letting the whites start to set. Resist the urge to stir just yet!
- Once the egg whites begin to firm up, gently cut the yolks with your spatula and swiftly mix them into the whites, stirring minimally to achieve a silky, moist texture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and cook to your desired level of doneness.
- Serve hot, ideally with a side of fresh toasted bread.
What’s your own take on a comforting, hearty breakfast? Have you ever put a twist on traditional scrambled eggs or do you like our camping scrambled eggs? We would love to see how you recreate this dish.
Also, check our other breakfast recipes:
Camping breakfast wraps with chicken and red pepper
Campfire breakfast pockets – super fast dessert to start your day
Camping French Toast – quick breakfast before hiking
How to prepare English Breakfast while camping?
Don’t forget to:
- Subscribe to our blog for more heartwarming recipes and travel tales,
- Follow us on social media to stay connected, and
- Share this post with your fellow food enthusiasts and travellers.
Smacznego! (That’s ‘Bon appétit’ in Polish) and may your journeys be as delightful as your meals!
Get Our Secret Family Recipe
Subscribe and receive our FREE recipe for Strawberry Braided Bread that is passed down in our family from generation to generation.