First time we tasted this delicious damper bread was during our trip to Bungle Bungle Range (Purnululu National Park) in Western Australia. We love its simplicity and original taste. Damper bread taste best when it is fresh, crunchy and served with butter.
Damper bread - Ingredients
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 60g of melted butter
- 200 ml of milk
- Pinch of salt
- Handful of diced bacon
- Handful of shredded tasty cheese
- 4 table spoons of fresh chopped chives
- Start a camp fire at least 40 minutes before cooking time
2. Dice bacon and chives, make sure butter is melted or soft.
3. Insert flour, salt, milk and melted butter into a bowl and mix it all together. Add rest of the ingredients, and knee everything for 6-8 minutes until all ingredients are combined together. Form flat bread, cut it on top and brush it lightly with milk.
4. Bake it in the camp oven for around 30 minutes, turning oven every 10 minutes.
5. Damper bread is ready when is nice and golden and gives hollow sound when tapped.
Check a big range of dutch ovens from Outback Equipment and get it at a discounted price.
Outback Equipment is a leading supplier of camping and caravan accessories. Browse their wide range of camp ovens and camping equipment.
If you tried this recipe or you have any suggestions please add a comment below.