Dutch oven-roasted pork can be prepared while camping when you have a little bit more time as the cooking is longer than our usual meals.
Grab a nice, boneless pork ham and transform it into a comfortable meal. You can eat it with your choice vegetables like potatoes, celery, onion or chili.
While your roasted pork is being prepared in the camp oven or camping pot you can gather around the fire and talk outback stories and smell the aroma of this tender and juicy meat.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 1h 40 minutes
Dutch Oven Roasted Pork Ham – Ingredients
- 1.5 kg pork loin
- one onion
- 3 potatoes
- 3 carrots
- a few chillies (optional)
- olive oil
- First start the fire early, at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- You will need a lot of charcoal, so make sure you add enough wood in the begining to produce good amount of charcoal.
3. If the pork is not pre-scored then gently score the skin.
4. Season the entire pork generously with salt.
5. Cut veggies into pieces.
6. Place the pork inside the oven.
7. Roast the pork for one hour. Then sprinkle veggies with oil and salt and place them around the pork.
8. At this point we worked out that our dutch oven is too small to fit all veggies and ham, so we moved to a bigger size pot.
9. Roast the pork and veggies together for another 30 minutes.
The good thing about preparing the roasted port is that if you don’t eat it all for dinner you can cut the meat into slices the next day, prepare sandwiches and take it for your hiking.
Get Our Secret Family Recipe
Subscribe and receive our FREE recipe for Strawberry Braided Bread that is passed down in our family from generation to generation.
Enjoy outdoor cooking with Tentworld equipment
Did you like our content?