We are big lovers of camping soups. Especially when we are on the move, stopping only for a night and leaving the next day. Our mushroom camping soup recipe is one of our favourite recipes that we want to share with you.
We always prepare soups in the thermal pot. Cooking in the thermal pot is extremely easy as it does the job by itself. You only need to cook the meat and vegetables for 10-15 minutes and then close the lid. The rest is done while you are driving.
It is nothing better than when you finally stop for the night and the soup is ready in the pot!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
Equipment: Thermal Pot
Mushroom camping soup – Ingredients
- fresh mushrooms
- dry mushrooms (if you have them!)
- 1 carrot
- 2 medium potatoes
- few pieces of celery
- butter for frying celery and fresh mushrooms
Mushroom camping soup – Instructions
- Open the dry mushroom sachet and soak it in water for 30 minutes.
- Peel potatoes and cut the vegetables into small, dice pieces.
3. Put a small dice of butter in the pan and fry celery for 10 minutes.
4. Pour 3 litres of water into the pot and add all vegetables. Start cooking on a small fire.
5. While the pot is cooking, fry the fresh mushrooms in the pan until they turn light brown.
6. Add the fried mushrooms and the dry mushrooms that are soaked enough already. Keep cooking for a total of 15 – 20 minutes.
7. Serve with sourdough or toasted bread. We had onion & chives party twists that matched the soup perfectly.
Get Our Secret Family Recipe
Subscribe and receive our FREE recipe for Strawberry Braided Bread that is passed down in our family from generation to generation.